Grab a Backstage Pass with Peatix & muru-D at #WalkSG
Peatix partners muru-D to host a special #WalkSG edition of Backstage Pass, a community event for organisers and people who make events possible. Backstage Pass is now in its tenth session!
Grab a Backstage Pass at #WalkSG
Singapore and Malaysia aren't all too different when it comes to our startup ecosystems, or are they? Jumpstart your knowledge of both markets, and find out how startups can build a local community using events!
- muru-D: Insights into Singapore's startup landscape, and how startups use events to build a local community in Singapore.
- Startup Grind: Insights into Malaysia's startup landscape, and how startups use events to build a local community in Malaysia.
- Peatix: Practical tips on how you can use events to build a community in Singapore and Malaysia for your startup.
About our three speakers
- Joseph K. Ziegler, Entrepreneur in Residence of startup accelerator muru-D, began his IT career in the Silicon Valley working at Netscape during the early days of the Internet and was part of other successful technology companies and startups like NetGravity and Iris Data Services. In 2006, Joe delved into the world of cloud services and virtualisation working with several enterprises developed on the cloud, including building his own company, IndexMedia, that successfully exited the Australian market. Using his wealth of experience, he now works with startups to provide technical expertise and angel investment support.
- Lais de Oliveira, is the Global Community Director of Startup Grind in Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. She has a natural flair for community building. Before moving to Asia, she lived in Argentina where she managed events and community for NXTP Labs (a leading seed fund accelerator for Latam) and co-organised the first online conference for startups over 25 countries. In her time in Kuala Lumpur, she was Mindvalley's Entrepreneurship coordinator, co-founded community-driven projects like theconfluence.co and 8spaces.co, coordinated programs for incubators and co-working spaces, and currently curates TheListKL and Startup Digest Malaysia. Lais most recently engineered the community aspect of the MaGIC Accelerator Program, a four month program for 50 startups from Malaysia and the ASEAN region.
- Claire Ding is part of the founding team of ticketing startup Peatix in Singapore since its launch in 2013. As the Community Manager, she's helped to kickstart community-driven initiatives like Backstage Pass and cosy community dinners for organisers to learn from and connect with others. She also writes tips on event management for the Peatix blog and contributes to online publications like executivelifestyle.sg.
This is part of Walkabout Singapore!
Walkabout SG (#walksg) is an annual city-wide open house for technology companies. Check out the spaces, meet the founders and get a behind-the-scenes look at the most innovative companies in Singapore.
Join us on Friday, June 26th to meet the founders, companies and new technology that is shaping Singapore’s future.